First post. Finally…took forever. Anyways.
Here is a little recipe I’ve been testing out because of my love for:
1. Sweet Potatoes
Why can’t all three make sweet, sweet love? 1 and 2 have been together and 2 and 3 have been together, so why not get some wine, put on some slow jams, dim the lights and see what happens?
Fireball-infused Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-60 minutes
- 3 large Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5-2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 stick Butter
- 1/2-3/4 Shot Fireball (Cinnamon flavored) Whiskey
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Wash them taters. I use a green scrub pad and really scrub them down. Or you can rub the potatoes on each other. Vigorously. Hittin’ skins, ya know?
- Next, chop them up into bit sized pieces (I keep the skins on). I find if you keep them on the smaller side, they will crisp up much better. Also, try to keep them all the same size so they cook evenly. Throw them in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt that butter real quick-like in a small bowl in the microwave. 15-20 seconds should be fine.
- Pour that butter in the bowl of taters. Mix around.
- Pour that whiskey in the bowl. Mix around.
- Sprinkle your cinnamon all around the bowl and mix around once again.
- When they are looking good, spread them out on a baking sheet, trying to keep a little space between them if you can. Just try not to stack any on top of each other.
- Place in oven for about a half hour. From there, I’ll take the baking sheet out and flip them with a spatula. Put back in oven for remainder. Check to see if they are crisp to your liking. Some like them softer, some like them crunchier.